I receive hundreds of e-mails each and every day. Since it is nearly impossible for me to keep up with them all I am going to share some of my replies to the most common questions.
I’m hoping you could share your expertise. I workout daily, but my challenge is gaining weight. My metabolism is fast and I’m pretty active.
What can I do to change that? Do you recommend weight gainer shakes? I’m cautious of all the products and know that they’re not all equal.
Hey Garland, Great to hear from you! To gain weight you must eat enough quality foods and calories while training with weights and little to zero cardio. Adequate Sleep and hydration are very important as well. The best weight gain shake is a homemade one. One that I have had a lot of success is below:
THE MUSCLE MAKER
- 2 scoops Whey Protein Concentrate (chocolate) Preferably from grass fed cows
- 2 Tablespoons of Almond Butter
- 1/2 C. Gluten Free Quick Oats
- 16 oz. of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 4 oz. of water to make this formula less cement-like 🙂
- 1 Tbsp Greens (Mint flavored) this is equal to 5 servings of fruit and vegetables
This shake is approximately 630 calories
Drink 30-60 minutes before training and again before bed.
Be sure to consume 3-4 FUEL meals.
Let me know how it goes! Thanks Garland!
Billy Beck III
“He who conquers others is strong. He who conquers himself is mighty.”