In todays fast paced, high stress world people are always in a hurry and looking for “quick, healthy” snacks. Many people often reach for protein bars assuming they are the best on-the-go choice. This is not necessarily a bad option, however, sticking to foods closer to their natural source is always the best way to go! Most protein bars have a lot of artificial ingredients, and the ones that don’t often contain a ton of sugar. In next’s weeks post I’ll share with you the Top 5 Protein Bars on the market and where you can get them, till then here are the Top 5 Most Healthy Snacks that are BETTER than protein bars.
- 20 Raw Almonds & 1 Apple
- Plain Greek Yogurt & 1 Cup Organic Blueberries
- 1/2 Avocado & 2 Cage Free Eggs w/ Hot Sauce
- Manly Muffins (see recipe below)
- Chocolate Mint Power Shake (see recipe below)
- 1 Whole Egg (preferably certified organic)
- 1 Cup Egg Whites
- 1 Cup Natural Applesauce
- 1 Cup Quick Oats
- 1/2 Scoop Vanilla Formula 1 Protein Powder
- 2-3 Tbsp. Cinnamon
- Mix all ingredients into a large mixing bowl until a thick batter is formed. It should be dark brown. If it is not, then add a touch more cinnamon until it is achieved.
- Preheat the oven to 350 Degrees.
- Spray aluminum muffins tins with Cooking Spray or coconut oil.
- Next, scoop batter into the tins be sure to fill each one to the top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Ovens will vary. You can tell when they are done cooking when they rise.
- Remove from oven and immediately spray butter spray on the tops and sprinkle stevia and a drop or two of Ghee (clarified butter) on the tops.
- Let cool and enjoy!
Chocolate Mint Power Shake
- 1 1/2 Scoop Chocolate Post Training Protein
- 12 oz Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 Tbsp Mint Flavored Greens-X
Struggling to plan your meals for this week? Stress no more, check out my latest my post Fire-Fuel Plan: How to Eat To Burn Fat, Build Muscle & Have More Energy for a super easy, already made for you meal plan!