Chef’s Note: You can add different vegetables like onions and mushrooms to create your own version of this sandwich.
- 2 slices stone ground whole wheat bread
- 1 slice fat free american cheese
- 3 ounces oven roasted turkey deli meat
- 2 slices tomatoes
- 1 each egg white
- to taste kosher salt
- to taste ground black pepper
- Protein: 23g
- Carbohydrates: 46g
- Fiber: 6.5g
- Fat: 2.6g
- Calories: 299
Method of Preparation:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Preheat a medium size sauté pan on medium-high heat.
- First put down a slice of bread and add the turkey, cheese and tomatoes. Finish it by adding the other slice of bread on top.
- Place the egg white in a bowl and season it with salt and pepper and beat it with a fork until it is smooth.
- Dip one side of the sandwich in the egg whites. Turn the sandwich over and dip the other side in the egg whites.
- Spray the hot pan with fat free non-stick cooking spray and add the sandwich. When the egg/bread have slightly browned turn the sandwich over in the pan and put it in the oven. Cook the sandwich in the oven for 10-12 minutes until the turkey is hot and the cheese is melted. Serve.