Chef’s Note: If you’re going to season your food with salt, I recommend using Celtic sea salt. It is an unrefined, unbleached sea salt harvest of off the coast of France and is high in trace minerals. It’s a little more expensive than regular table salt, but a little goes a long way and the health benefits are far superior.
- Curry Sauce Yields: About 1 cup
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 ½ tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 ½ tablespoons ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup low sodium vegetables stock
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons fat free ½ and ½
- 1 tablespoon smart balance butter light
- 3 packets stevia / splenda
- 1 tablespoon green onion
- 4 ounces chicken breast, all fat and skin removed
- to taste salt
- to taste ground black pepper
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 ¼ cup water
- to taste salt
Method of Preparation:
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Grill the chicken until cooked threw. Chop and set a side.
- In a sauce pan heat the brown rice and water until it boils. Turn the rice to low and cover it. Cook for 30-45 minutes until all the liquid is absorbed. Remove the rice from the heat and let it stand covered for 5 more minutes.
- Lightly spray another sauce pan with pam spray. Saute the onion, garlic and ginger over medium heat until soft.
- Add the curry powder and cook for 2 more minutes until fragrant.
- Mix in the vegetable stock and cornstarch. Cook the liquid until it starts to simmer and thickens.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Put ¾ cup of rice on a plate. Toss the chicken in ¼ cup of curry sauce. Pour the chicken over the rice and top with chopped cashews.
Nutritional Analysis of the whole Meal:
- Calories: 291.5
- 35.0g Cho / 30.0g Pro / 3.5g Fat
Nutritional Analysis of just ¼ cup of Curry Sauce:
- Calories: 30.3
- 4.3g Cho / 0.4g Pro / 1.3g Fat