Chef’s Note: If you like Asian flavors with strong notes of ginger and spice, this is a great recipe for you. I recommend using the Whole Foods 365 brand Hoisin Sauce because it’s the lowest in sugar with the maximum amount of flavor. If you can’t find spelt soba noodles you can substitute buckwheat noodles instead.
- 1½ ounces spelt soba noodles, uncooked
- ¼ cup red onion, sliced
- ¼ cup red bell pepper sliced
- ½ teaspoon sesame seed oil
- ½ cup napa cabbage, shredded
- 4 ½ ounces steamed shrimp, shell and tail removed
- 2 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Hoisin Sauce, 365 Whole Foods Brand
- 2 teaspoon peanuts, chopped
- Dash sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro
Method of Preparation:
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Put the soba noodles in the water and follow the cooking time on the package. When the noodles are done drain them and run them under cold water to stop the cooking.
- Heat a non stick pan sprayed with fat free cooking spray and sauté the red onion and bell pepper until soft. This must be done over medium heat or they will burn. Re-spray the pan as needed.
- When the vegetables are soft add the cabbage, shrimp, rice wine vinegar, Hoisin sauce and noodles. Toss the stir fry to coat the food with the sauce. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Transfer the stir fry to a bowl and top with peanuts, sesame seeds and fresh chopped cilantro.
- Calories: 371.1
- 36.6g Cho / 36.6g pro / 8.7g fat