The Rice Experiment
Are these words stopping you from getting what you want?
Have you ever heard the phrase, “Choose your words wisely”. Usually some action hero in a movie states these boldly before he taps a keg of whoop ass.
However, there may be more to it.
Do the words you use create the life and body you live in?
I have always believed this to be true but it was not until recently that I found a way to put it to the test. It all began when I watched a documentary called “The Hidden Messages in Water” by Dr. Masaru Emoto.
Dr. Emoto is a Japanese researcher who conducted research on the formation of water crystals on various stimuli. I won’t go into detail here because I won’t do it justice. You have to see it for yourself. You can pick a copy of the documentary on Amazon or Youtube.
The experiment that really grabbed my attention was a simple one that anyone can do.
All you need is rice and some patience.
The Rice Experiment
- Place 1 cup of Cooked Rice into two separate containers. Place a lid on each.
- Mark one container with a positive phrase. I used “Thank You Rice”
- Mark the other container with a negative phrase. I used “Stupid Rice”
- Place them in your kitchen at least 12 inches apart.
- Once or more every day say aloud to the rice container the phrase written on it. I know this sounds nuts but just try it. For example, every time I went into my kitchen I would say “Thank You Rice” and “Stupid Rice” Try to say it from a place of gratitude (thank you) and a place of anger and frustration (stupid). Before you write this off as something that crazy Billy Beck III said, remember…
“Open Minds Open Doors to the Impossible.”
Let’s Take a Closer Look
The Thank You Rice on Day 20
The Stupid Rice on Day 20
What Does This Mean?
The words we say have a powerful affect on everything around us. Whether it is rice or a human being. Your words have a profound impact on others and yourself.
Positive words with good intentions behind them nurture and encourage growth.
Negative words with negative emotions literally rot and destroy.
Think about it. Have you ever been around someone who literally sucked the energy out of you?
Sometimes this happens even when they don’t say anything negative.
This is because it is not just what we say that matters, it is what we think. Our lives are result of our most common thoughts.
If you habitually think great things of yourself, of others and the world around you, then you add to the greatness and nurture the world around. If you habitually complain, criticize and find the bad in others and in most things, then you are “rotting the rice.” Change your thoughts, Change your world.
If you are honest about this, you know it is true. We all know this is true. We don’t need rice to tell us this but it is really cool to do. Try it.
One last thing to think about…
How do your thoughts about your body affect your appearance, health, energy & what actions you take?
If you wish to achieve your all-time best body it begins by feeding your body positive thoughts. Like “I am a warrior, I am strong, My body is amazing, I love my body, I love life, I am awesome. I am unstoppable!” You get the picture.
Don’t rot your rice! 😀
Billy Beck III